SOME OF MY GREATEST BLESSINGS CALL ME GRANDMA!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

JUST WANDERING AROUND TOWN




Ben decided to humor his old grandma and go to the Egyptian theatre to hear the Mighty Wurlitzer Organ. After passing by yet another painted pony, we entered the theatre and were delighted when the organ master stopped to chat with us. I told him that I had just heard Ben play an incredibly difficult Rachmaninoff piece, and then he proceeded to enlighten Ben on the beauty of music and the difference between piano and organ. After the concert I thought the least I could do would be to take him to lunch at Iggys. Ben is a delight to be with and a perfect gentleman in all respects. I am one lucky grandma.
Today my heart was filled with gratitude for another amazing grandson who is starting to prepare for his upcoming mission. Skyler was ordained an Elder in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by his father. Tears flowed freely during the amazing blessing Mike pronounced upon him. My heart is full of gratitude and I am so grateful for the priesthood of God, for honorable men who uphold it. Skyeler can put his papers in sometime in November and hopefully Mike will still be bishop when it is time for him to leave. What a wonderful privelege to be able to send two sons out while serving as bishop. Our cup runneth over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are members of an amazing family. So many wonderful priesthood holders, so many wonderful woman. So blessed.
love ya,
vickie